Wednesday 9 December 2015

Harri Larkin - Logo Development

I started by varying the brushes and line widths of all the vector lines within the logo, and found the limits of the extreme grunginess where the text was still readable and the minimal grunginess that was still noticeably not clean.




















I decided to stick with the less grungy one because from my side of the design process I felt it important to champion the readability of the text. I used a textured background to make the logo grungier without hindering the readability further, as well as developing a red and black version of the two possible logos as the band have had difficulties deciding between the two colours.














Knowing that they've been having a difficult time deciding on the colour, I told them first to decide which row they prefer, because then I can talk about colour within the set and the potential advantages and disadvantages of each one.

My favourite is the below one however, as the high contrast makes the crown and text as visible as possible, as well as it having a more powerful feeling to it which gets saturated somewhat with the red.





















I'm waiting to hear back from the band before doing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment